Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Third Year Running

August 1, 2012 will mark my two year anniversary with Japan as well as the beginning of my third year in the land of the rising sun. A fact that blows my mind, every. single. day. My time here has absolutely flown by, and when I think back to all that I've experienced in just two short years, well, it simply amazes me. Between, a record setting natural disaster, the death of a parent, trips to India, Korea and other parts of Japan, earning the title of St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen, passing a basic Japanese Language Course, and learning to live alone, one can't help but grow up. 
As much as I tried to delay, becoming an adult, it seemed to sneak in with every life experience I had.


My time in Japan was clearly marked this afternoon.
All 8 of us Kamagaya ALTs have weekly meetings at our Board of Ed, but today's meeting proved extra special. As all 8 of us have decided to stay on for another year, the Board of Ed presented each of us with our official signed contract. As each one of us sat down with our contracts, we all said the same thing, "I can't believe it's been a year since we last did this."
In all fairness, JET did warn us about Japan being a time warp.
They were exactly right.

Since I had my snazzy new camera with me, I snapped a shot as everyone went up to get their contract.
(Except UK Kris, he was late. For shame, Kris.)

Meet the ALTs of Kamagaya!

Kim from Wisconsin.
Kate from California.
Kyle from Scotland/Holland. 
David from Ohio.
Chris from North Carolina. 
Olivia from New Zealand. 
Rachel from Alabama.
The gang, plus our favorite supervisor, Izuka Sensei.
1, 2, & 3,
Kate


[The Latest]

Google Search: Morgan Freeman 
Tune: 4 and 20 By Joss Stone.
Accomplishment: Getting up to go for a jog, even when I have every reason to sleep in.
Obsessions: My new little summer dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...