Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Takko Garlic Festival: Photo Series

While uploading my pictures from the weekend, I noticed that I had quite a nice collection of photo series. 
So I thought I would share. 

[Sembei]
On Sunday we got to make our own sembei, or rice cracker. We mixed the dough, added our toppings and put it in the mold to cook. Sembei is available in just about every store in Japan, but man it is so much better when it's warm. I ate all three of mine as soon as they were done.


[Sumo]
Since Jessica was being a good big sister and supporting Julia throughout the festival, her fiance Patrick and I were off creating trouble. This time in the form of Garlic Sumo. We each decorated a garlic clove, gave it a name, and put tooth picks in it. Then we had a face off in the ring, where we tapped the edges to try to get our opponent's clove to fall out first. 

I lost.

[Sumidae]
On the way to Starbucks, little Sumidae and I spent a solid 20 minutes unwrapping the plastic off water bottles.


Say Cheese, Cheese, Cheese,
Kate



[The Latest]

Must Read: The Case for Optimism By Bill Clinton...Time Magazine. 
The article was recently the cover article for TIME and I thought it was quite interesting. 
Google Search: Oasis.  
Tune: Anything Could Happen By Ellie Goulding.
Accomplishment: Crossing off another book on my list.
Obsessions: Garlic Semebi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...