Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Photo-dump: Sumo

Way back in January, I made may way to the sumo ring. Though technically women aren't allowed in the ring...ouch, Japan. Ever since arriving in Japan I had wanted to go to a sumo tournament, but they only happen a few times a year, so it takes a bit of pre-planning, but well worth it. 
The sport is rich is culture and history. I was mesmerized all afternoon. After watching for a bit, I started to get curious about all things sumo and fired questions at the people around me. I was going to write out all that I learned, but to be honest that just seems quite silly. I knew I could find a nice site that would spitfire answers to all your burning sumo questions. Little did I know the Missouri Botanical Gardens site would be the place, click here to read up on the ins and outs of sumo. 


Sumo Vid:
*This was the last match of the day, meaning it was the most important. After a few hours, and beers, I had just about lost my patience with these guys and their taking their sweet time getting organized. That and I had 100yen riding on the guy in black.
That's 100yen I'll never see again. 

Ready for s'more sumo,
Kate



                                                                          [The Latest]

Must Read: Chavez Died...The Guardian.
Google Search: Top 10 things to do in Hong Kong.
Tune: Safe and Sound By Capital Cities. Again.
Accomplishment: Working on a job application all morning.
Obsessions: Instant Pho Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...