Friday, June 15, 2012

Pineapple Salsa

On this lovely Friday, I have spent the morning sleeping in and going for a jog, as Chiba prefecture has a holiday. I am still not exactly sure why we have off school, but I don't really care. I'll take what I can get.

After tidying my apartment, I was looking in the fridge, checking on food that was on its way out of its prime. I came across some pineapple that needed to be moved, so I started googling things to do with pineapple. I came across this simple Pineapple Salsa recipe from Whole Foods. Man, I miss Whole Foods. 
I added a yellow bell pepper, and skipped the stove top process, and since finding fresh cilantro in Japan is proving impossible, I had to use dried. 

Tortilla chips are also non existant here. So, I made my own, cutting up a pack of tortillas, brushing them with olive oil and pan frying them with garlic salt. 

The combination was to die for. 

I invited my neighbor Kim over, and we split this little taste of California on our Japanese holiday. 






Tired Pineapple Rejuvenated,
Kate


[The Latest]

Google Search: Simple Pineapple Salsa.  
Tune: Express Yourself By Charles Wright
Accomplishment: Modified recipe that turned out great.
Obsessions: Will & Grace reruns.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...