Thursday, November 15, 2012

Beaujolais Nouveau Party

The famous French wine, beaujolais nouveau was released yesterday, as it always is on the third Thursday in November. The tradition to celebrate the release of the annual harvest with a party and a few precious bottles of the wine is a popular tradition in France, and a few other parts of the world. Japan too has jumped in on the action. Last night I bundled up and headed out to my first ever beaujolais nouveau party. I filled up on European appetizers and countless bottles of wine, making friends with every sip.



Confession:
I never actually tried the beaujolais nouveau. 
Ridiculous, I know. 
I started with white because I was hot when I walked in, and then I just kept drinking and talking to people and completely forgot why I was there at all. 
Fail Keito.

Next third Thursday of November I'll be ready,
Kate



[The Latest]

Must Read: The 109 Reasons Japan is a Unique Country...Japan Talk. 
Google Search: Sakamoto Ryoma. Famous samurai we we're talking about in class. He and I have the same birthday. No big deal.
Tune: Let Go By Frou Frou
Accomplishment: Watching my Japanese improve with every glass of wine.
Obsessions: Well I guess now you would know I would be lying if I wrote `Beaujolais Nouveau' wine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...