Wednesday, January 21, 2015

2015

Welcome, 2015!

A lot has happened since starting this blog almost five years ago. 
As someone who thinks of her life as relatively "even keel", it amazes me to look back through the posts of this space and see, really see, all that I have experienced. 
New places, new people, mistakes, goals, heartbreak, belly laughs.
Life.

This past year, without question, was for me one of the most difficult thus far, while simultaneously resulting in an enormous amount of growth. Since then, I have found myself (silly as it sounds) sticking up for myself in lots of ways, and it is oh-so-refreshing. Deliberate is my word for 2015 (my version of a New Year's resolution) and now more than ever, I am working on being deliberate in what I do and why I do it. Filling my time with people and activities that are enjoyable and meaningful to me.

One of the things I was desperately missing was a creative outlet. I love blogging. Writing. Editing pictures. I truly believe there is really something valuable about taking the time to put words to pictures. Conjuring up captions and anecdotes forces one to put thought and meaning behind the simple snapshot in time. An act that gets exponentially more valuable over time.

I am eager to revisit this space, find my voice again, perhaps revamp the space, and more than anything, force myself to take a moment and add stories to the thousands of pictures that fill my digital devices.

Can't wait to see what the future posts will hold.

Cheers to fresh starts!



xo, 
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...