Thursday, May 9, 2013

Together


Today is one of those days that I feel like I have it together. Nothing magical or exceptionally different has happened, and yet, for some reason today I feel like I could take on anything. I have come to notice, as my departure date from Japan nears, days like this occur among many other non-together, but rather haphazard, sort of days. The days that I realize how much my life is going to be turned upside down in just a few short months and all I want to do is dig my heals into the ground and throw a tantrum, and not let anyone take me away from the sweet little life I've created. 
And then I remember. 
I remember how absolutely magical this experience of living in Japan has been. 
I remember that just because we are leaving a Japan doesn't mean I will never see my fabulous friends from Japan back in the US or some other part of the world.  
I remember all my friends in the US.
I remember all the weddings I get to be apart of when I arrive home.
I remember how excited my mom and Charlie are for my impending arrival. 
I remember how much I am looking forward to good Mexican food...
and Yogurtland, bagels, JamabaJuice, In-N-Out, and all things from Trader Joe's.
And then then I remember how I'll still be me now matter where I am. 
And just like that, for the time being, I've got it together.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Here and Now, 
Kate


[The Latest]

Must Read: Body Worlds in NY...NY Times. If you get the chance, go! So amazing!
Google Search: Spicy sitr fry recipe.
Tune: Walk the Moon By Anna Sun. 
Accomplishment: Answering quite a few emails. 
Obsessions: Chocolate covered pomegranate seeds.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...