Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hiroshima Fun

Aside from the historical perspective Hiroshima offers, the city itself has so much to give. I was loving the city feel, all the while being surrounded by trees and nature. I absolutely adore when those two elements come together. I made that comment to Jeff one of the days we were there, and he made an observation I never would have thought of. Noting that none of the plants, and buildings for that matter, could be more than 65 years old. With that thought fresh in our minds, we realized that we didn't see too many elderly people either.

Nonetheless, Hiroshima has made its way onto my list of My Favorite Places in Japan.
Here is why...

Spontaneous Maroon 5 songs
from the man under the bridge. 

Shopping!

Miyajima Island

Residential deer (that's what the sign called them), a hike, and a pagoda.




















Fish Lab
Have a drink. Buy a fish.



Hiroshima Garden
Serene.








                                                   Miyajima Backpackers
Our awesome hostel, and new hostel friends.




Shinkansen
Needs no further introduction.


I left my heart in Hiroshima, 
Kate


[The Latest]

Must Read: Things That Will Make You Feel Old...from Buzzfeed
Google Search: Can you really marry you cousin in North Carolina...apparently yes.
Tune: Sleepyhead By Passion Pit. 
Accomplishment: A successful team taught lesson with Namiko in front of parents.
Obsessions: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...